top of page
Crowd Cheering


The University Endowment Lands (UEL) is a separate jurisdiction from the City of Vancouver and the University of British Columbia (UBC).

As an unincorporated area, the UEL does not have an elected municipal council. Instead, the provincial government is the governing body, and is administered through the Ministry of  Municipal Affairs and Housing under the University Endowment Land Act. This legislation enables the Minister to, among other things: levy property taxes; enact bylaws; appoint a person to administer the University Endowment Lands.

The Minister of Community, Sport and Cultural Development appoints a Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the UEL.

Decisions made by the UEL Administration and staff are guided by the Official Community Plan ,and University Endowment Lands, Land Use, Building and Community Administration By-Law.

The UEL Administration sits on a provincially-owned site that includes the administration building, works yard, five residential cottages, and the UEL Heritage Firehall. Local staff, provincial employees all, provide a range of administrative services, an important one of which is to process development and building permits. Staff also carry out the maintenance of UEL streets and public landscapes, garbage collection, water and sewer services, and a variety of other matters.

The University Endowment Lands (UEL): About Us

The UEL Administration Office is located at:
5495 Chancellor Boulevard
Vancouver, BC
V6T 1E2

Telephone:  604-660-1810
After Hours Emergency:  604-437-1078

The University Endowment Lands (UEL): Text
bottom of page